• Breaking News

    Friday, April 17, 2020

    Don't Starve I just thought this fit them lol

    Don't Starve I just thought this fit them lol


    I just thought this fit them lol

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 04:48 PM PDT

    A sketch I did a while back

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 01:41 PM PDT

    My 1st Don’t Starve fan art

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 04:56 PM PDT

    Played as Wendy for the first time ever today... You can tell what happened.

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 07:01 PM PDT

    Return of Them Beta: She Sells Sea Shells

    Posted: 17 Apr 2020 12:05 AM PDT

    Willow

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 10:01 PM PDT

    For those people that have never seen the awesome posters Klei did for updates back in the day.

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 11:47 AM PDT

    My tier list, based on how fun they are(1-15pts), how good they are on their own(1-10pts), and how well they work with others(1-10pts), with an added bonus to webber, bcz hes freaking adorable

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 11:08 PM PDT

    Whats with the Wigfrid hate? :(

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 10:19 AM PDT

    I got back into DST and decided to try a new character, I've used default Wilson for countless runs through DS, SW, Hamlet, and DST, I've survived 800+ days(didn't die, got bored), completed adventure mode, hes my bro. But Wigfrid sounded cool, and she was! The sanity/health mechanic and gear are a nice bonus, plus valkyrie chick! But I'm seeing so many people assume I'm a noob, are outright mean, or just kick me straight away, getting a handful of "wigfrid RIP" aswell... I don't think I come across as one of the "smug" players, I mean.. I usually don't speak unless spoken to lol, and try to do my own thing while depositing what I can at the main group's base... so whats with the toxicity? Characters make little difference anyways, certain are great at doing specific things sure, but their special abilities are not necessary to surviving the year/defeating a boss.

    Is it that shes basic? Like she can't go super saiyan goose/beaver, or summon Cthulhu and birds, or be a crazy tank/dps cause their tummy is full. Some even think shes OP, is she just a lightning rod for new players who might not know much therefore will have to be carried more? I'm getting the vibe that I'm legitimately upsetting people simply over my character choice, lol, and I don't get it. It's just frustrating that the only characters I've really tried are for some reason viewed sort of negatively.

    submitted by /u/JRK3
    [link] [comments]

    Words of advice/wisdom on enjoyment from someone who's played this game too much

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 08:47 AM PDT

    First, a brief introduction. I'm not writing this to give you strats on how to survive longer or to be a better player, as I feel that this is more than sufficiently covered elsewhere, and that this game has such overpowered meta strats that it's almost a moot point. Rather, I want to discuss how to make this game as positive an experience as possible for you, from things I've learnt over ~800 hours playing.

    TL;DR: Don't focus all your efforts into being efficient and sacrifice your enjoyment in the process.

    Don't Starve will gradually morph from a survival game into a sandbox as you gain experience and become competent in gathering resources without dying. The differentiation is that in a sandbox you have almost limitless freedom to do as you like. This seems obvious when you look at veteran players with enormous megabases next to newer players that are still struggling to survive, but it's actually quite difficult to know when you've reached that point yourself. To me, you're here if you can theoretically survive indefinitely as there aren't any dangers you are unable to overcome, and that you are able to collect resources in significant excess.

    So why's that relevant? The problem is that unlike a pure survival game, where you aim to maximise your day count, sandbox games have no intrinsic reason for you to keep playing. The transition is therefore the point at which many players will burn out and lose interest, as there's nothing more that Don't Starve can offer as a survival game. If you want to not burn out, you need to start treating it as the sandbox it is.

    How does one go about doing that? The most basic answer that you're already thinking of is that you should start building a megabase. They're a proven way to express your creativity and to bring new meaning to resource gathering for many hundreds of days to come, particularly because of how immensely expensive flooring, walls, and chests can be on large scales. Megabases - however big you want them to be - are a different sort of challenge to survival; one of logistics and design, mostly.

    The more exciting part of a sandbox, however, is that you no longer have to worry about what strategies and playstyles are the most efficient. Now that you can gather any resource whenever it's required, you can do pretty much whatever you want with your time without worrying about not being able to maintain basic survival. Do you enjoy fighting swarms of spiders? Then ditch the bunnymen, and set up a spider arena to farm them by hand! Do you find the click-clack sound of hooves against trees to be therapeutic? Then take down your local forest with a posse of pigs instead of with bearger! You now have the means to do anything you like, so make sure you're making it all fun for yourself.

    The other side of this coin is being able to use any item you want or eat any food you want without worrying about being wasteful. Wear thelucite crowns all the time in combat, because you know you'll get another from Quacken soon. Wear the cat cap instead of the Tam or use the houndius shootius instead of elephant cacti, just because they look cooler. Eat big jerky straight from the rack or dragonpie on the daily, because you're worth it.

    So, to conclude (finally). When you read one of the countless comments dismissing strategies or items because they're inefficient or practically pointless, just remember that this doesn't mean you can't use them. Hoarding resources and only using the statistically best items means absolutely nothing if that's not the most enjoyable way to play for you. You won't remember Don't Starve for your optimal farming strategies; you'll remember it for all the cool stuff you tried because you wanted to try it.

    submitted by /u/gaygit
    [link] [comments]

    Took me 55 days to find the volcano. Yikes.

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 06:01 AM PDT

    Recommended settings for 5 players

    Posted: 17 Apr 2020 02:20 AM PDT

    Hey there,

    I start a new server today. We are 2 casual players and 3 noobs to the game. In our experience everything over 2 players was a too harsh experience with resources. What amount of resources would you recommend? We don't want it to be easy. We just want proper scaling.

    Thx in advance!

    submitted by /u/Bauzi
    [link] [comments]

    based on a true story

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 03:30 PM PDT

    testing the new shell bells.

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 01:05 PM PDT

    This happened when I left my world on console edition. When I entered a new world, it was still there!

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 11:47 AM PDT

    A skin design for Wortox

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 11:46 AM PDT

    Webber and Red Hounds

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 07:47 PM PDT

    Im playing rog and I was wondering if I can use my spider nest to deal with hound waves, or will the red hounds light them on fire when they die?

    submitted by /u/scruffyrhino_715
    [link] [comments]

    Spring

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 07:15 PM PDT

    Recently all of my worlds have been starting in spring. I am not accustomed to early game in spring, as I am used to creating an outline of the map early days but it seems to be quite difficult in spring. Any tips?

    Edit: I am playing as Webber.

    submitted by /u/DogBallsMissing
    [link] [comments]

    I upgraded my base since last update. Now, The berry bushes are way more organised, plus ten saplings and ten grass. I added a twiggy tree farm, two crockpots in the kitchen, two more beebox's in the bee farm and more flowers next to it. What do you thnk of my base, now? Suggestions?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 04:45 AM PDT

    [DST] Tropical Experience crash on world generation and joining (the crashed world)

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 02:12 PM PDT

    Log file: https://pastebin.com/BRZjVUcY

    Using default settings. Running clean in the mods menu doesn't seem to help.

    submitted by /u/hnOsmium0001
    [link] [comments]

    Free craft for mobile

    Posted: 16 Apr 2020 02:02 PM PDT

    I wanna test out some items but going to the ruins crashes my game soo if anyone knows any Free craft cheats plz tell me

    submitted by /u/MikeLTU
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment