• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 8, 2019

    Don't Starve That's a fine camouflage, eh?

    Don't Starve That's a fine camouflage, eh?


    That's a fine camouflage, eh?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 11:23 AM PST

    What's the most unlucky thing that happened to you?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 01:37 PM PST

    I'm a reasonably new player, however I've already had two really god damn unlucky things happening to me...

    Please feel free to tell me your unlucky stories!

    A) BASTARD BIOMES AND BEEFALO BULLSHIT

    Started building a camp, everthing nice and neat, however couldn't find beefalos at all costs, no matter how much I searched for. Started working nearly without farms (pig manure was quite limited...) - managed to live through Winter just by living off bunnies and berries 90%

    One day, I found out that there was one little bridge (1 unit/square big) that I hadn't walked over.

    That bridge also was placed at the beginning of a swamp biome, so tried to walk over without getting tentacled.

    Found out that no matter how I tried to move, place my cursor etc, there was always a tentacle spawning just in time to potentially kill me (I think the fact that it is one small square made my character choose a really odd route and get stuck on corners repeatedly).

    Fought an inner fight with myself. Should I risk it or not? Went back to camp, explored some more edges to see if I've missed anything. Nope, no buffalos, every border checked etc. Fuck it, I WANTED MY BEEFALOS!

    I finally decided to check with the uncover map command to see what's behind that god damn bridge, and yup...it's literally the swamp biome and AFTER that the biggest fucking beefalo biome ever seen WITHOUT A GOD DAMN WORMHOLE.

    Needless to say, I died trying to get to my beefalos

    ---------------------------

    B) REREREVIVAL

    I hit ESC to pause, went for a wee.

    Coming back to the sound of a tree guard stomping behind me.

    Realized I actually hadn't paused.

    Got punched to death by the treeguard before I could hit any button to save me (yes, I died to the possibly slowest enemy ingame...)

    Luckily, I had my touchstone active! :) :) :)

    Spawned on that touchstone with a new found tallbird infestation. Got picked to death while still being in the respawning animation.

    Luckily, I had a meat effigy! :) :)

    Respawned only to notice that my meat effigy (one I had placed quite early aside from my camp) had been swamped by god damn lureplants and eyeplants who had eaten all my stuff. Tried to reach the chest placed close to the meat effigy. Accidently attacked one of the eyeplants. Was already low on health, got punched to death because I couldn't make it out of the eyeplant maze.

    Luckily, I had another meat effigy! :) :)

    Yeah, well, that one didn't save me either because one it was Winter and a hound wave was already hearable when I was dying to the eyeplants. Tried to get to my stuff in my camp (meat effigy being in that camp) but the dogs were basically cutting me off from my camp supplies. Yay! (Note to myself: Try to build more walls next time :()

    Game over.

    The second one was my own stupidity and inexperience, but c'mon...really? :(

    submitted by /u/Sharuhn
    [link] [comments]

    GF burned a lonely Wilson

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 01:05 AM PST

    Why do meat bulbs do that?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 11:17 PM PST

    Im currently kinda new to the game and wanted to ask When i was beating the queen spider there was a meat bulb close to me, all the stuff from the queen has been eaten by the bulb When i killed the bulb, i didnt drop nothing Is this normal?

    submitted by /u/stonks12345678
    [link] [comments]

    Woodie's sanity is constantly draining for some unknown reason

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 06:56 PM PST

    Title says it all, theres not any mention of this in the patch notes. Even in the middle of the day doing nothing, his sanity is always draining, why?

    submitted by /u/Nail_Head
    [link] [comments]

    I'm so fucking angry right now. My archipelago isn't have any worm holes and it's my 4/5. PE/Android.

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 06:56 AM PST

    My idea for Wilson character refresh

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 01:02 PM PST

    You hardly see Wilsons since he is the starter character of the game, but that hurts his usefulness to a team. With the confirmation that EVERY character will be reworked at one point or another, here's my idea for a refresh to keep Wilson basic but a little more effective!

    1. Mad Scientist Lab: how could we call Wilson a scientist when he doesn't even do extraordinary science? Same mad science lab from Hallowed Nights is now craftable by Wilson anytime.
    2. The lab has a blue liquid instead of green to separate itself from from HN.
    3. It can only be prototyped and used by Wilson, but at the Science Machine level instead of base knowledge.
    4. Wilsons can now guarantee better quality potions by adding ingredients while the cooking process is going, but if not the RNG factor of better outcome will remain.

    5. New Potions! With Wilson's version of the mad science lab, Wilson has access to:

    • All existing potions, with the same effects. They aren't too terribly powerful but are useful to have around, and guaranteeing better versions is a good plus to have.

    • Arboretum Experiment will grow regular Totally Normal Trees instead of Hallowed Nights variants. Those variants are reserved for the HN Lab.

    • New Resurrection Experiment: revival potion crafted with a Telltale Heart, Sanity, and 4 Beard Hair. This allows Wilson to be a good supportive character as the potion applies no max health penalty while restoring half of all stats. The upgraded version using extra beard hair three quarters of stats on revival.

    • New Nightmaric Experiment: Spooky potion crafted with Nightmare Fuel, Sanity, and Raw Greencaps. Renders the users sanity to Zero for 60 seconds, like the nightmare amulet. Upgraded version with more greencaps spits 1-2 more potions.

    • New Fleetfooted Experiment: Speed potion crafted with Honey, Sanity, and a Rabbit. Increases movement speed to be on par with Shipwrecked's coffee, lasting 4 minutes. Upgraded version using more honey spits 1 more potion. Characters will note how jittery it makes them feel after eating it.

    • Phobic Experiment is gone from Wilson's Mad Science as it doesn't make sense to have year round.

    1. Scientific Block! Wilson cannot craft too many potions at once. After 3 potions in a row he'll declare he's out of ideas, and any attempted crafts after that will result in wet goop and a disappointed Wilson. His potion limit lasts for about a day, and functions a lot like Warly's pickiness mechanic.

    Other notes: - Wilson is still meant to be the basic starter character, so giving him more punishing downsides would defeat the purpose of this. - Wilson will release with new skins like all other reworks. My ideas include Shadow Wilson (part of official Don't Starve merch that isn't canon in game), a flaming carrot on a stick torch skin, to reference many instances of Wilson cooking one in promotional art and such, and maybe a "Failed Experiment" skin to reflect the intro cutscene of the first game, it'd have Wilson with blast marks and dirty clothes, with his messed up hair.

    Personally I would love something along the lines of this. Wilson is just downright boring compared to other characters, but I love his personality so much. I feel the potions could make him a better support role to the team.

    submitted by /u/NottGabriell
    [link] [comments]

    Warly tips?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 05:56 PM PST

    Does anyone know how to effectively play Warly?

    When my Hunger gets low, I am forced to kill Koalefants to cook meaty stew.

    submitted by /u/Five_Gates
    [link] [comments]

    Happy winter webber

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 06:56 AM PST

    I have a visual glitch and I'm confused.

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 01:04 PM PST

    So for one the ocean has bacame the void where it's completely black but will visual copy anything that gets near it. Second I have permanent night vision visually but I still get attacked by charlie and lose extra sanity while in the dark.

    submitted by /u/DankDoggos84
    [link] [comments]

    Optimal spot for a megabase?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 02:37 AM PST

    Slow hamlet

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 09:33 AM PST

    Whenever I play hamlet I always start off the same way having a loading screen that takes hours to load when it loads it doesn't even put in game until around half the day passes by obviously making me very vulnerable and my pc which should be running at 60fps is running at around 30-37 all of my other games on my pc and DS ROG,DS SW,and DST run perfectly fine I even try to turn off jungle ferns so it has to load less things but it still happens so with that all said,how do I fix this?

    submitted by /u/capableangstyteen
    [link] [comments]

    For single-player, do you guys play normal Don't Starve, or Don't Starve Together with a one-person server?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 09:20 AM PST

    Title. I was wondering because I got the mega bundle with all the don't starve content, but looking on the wiki, there's a bunch of tools and cool things that aren't in both, like the Old Bell, Lunar Island, renewable Ruins, gems from Dragonfly, etc. Is one way of playing alone more fun than the other?

    submitted by /u/idestroypp_69
    [link] [comments]

    I've been slowly trying to transform all the islands on my SW world into my own original creations. Here's a few that are small enough to share a post!

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 08:36 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment