• Breaking News

    Monday, August 3, 2020

    Don't Starve It's Monday Meme - August 03, 2020 -, the day for all Don't Starve related memery!

    Don't Starve It's Monday Meme - August 03, 2020 -, the day for all Don't Starve related memery!


    It's Monday Meme - August 03, 2020 -, the day for all Don't Starve related memery!

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 05:15 PM PDT

    Today is the day you are allowed to post don't starve-related meme on /r/dontstarve so go wild!

    Remember to stay cordial and that the rules (including the spam rule) are still in place.

    If you are too busy today you can head to https://www.reddit.com/r/DSTmemes/ for even more Memes!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Thanks Abigail for these wise words...

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 03:57 PM PDT

    Plywood Pins for my friends on discord and I [WIP]. Sorry for the bad lighting

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 01:25 AM PDT

    Try 3 at wig helm hope you guys like it

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 07:17 AM PDT

    Second time beating Klaus, but this time tried the cheesy way with houndius shootius :D Didn't hit him once and I got my first krampus sack as well. Got the idea of using lureplant from Gabriel Gabriels yt Klaus tutorial but he was using Slingshot while I was just lazy :P

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 08:35 AM PDT

    Buzz Buzz Florp :D

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 03:06 PM PDT

    Wes be like

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 12:14 AM PDT

    Curious Worldgen

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 03:31 PM PDT

    What was the most hard time you had ever come trough? Mine was like this: 2 hounds, small campfire, no torch, 2 twigs for fuel, night, the spooky hand coming to put out my fire and no meat effigy or revive stone to save me, hopefully I managed to survive. What is your story? (image not related)

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 01:19 PM PDT

    In the new Predator movie you can see the Dont Starve main menu screen on a kid's monitor

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 06:23 PM PDT

    wigfrid

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 09:00 AM PDT

    What is the process of attacking a mob, dodging its attack, and then moving in to attack again called?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 02:22 AM PDT

    Most people call it kiting, but I've heard it called by other names like dodge-hitting. Which one is it?

    submitted by /u/Crafty2DMax
    [link] [comments]

    some criticism about the return of them

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 09:26 AM PDT

    While I highly appreciate the fact that Klei is still updating this game with cool stuff, I gotta be honest: I don't think the recent editions have been satisfactory so far. The problem isn't the content: it's all super awesome. I love it all so much. A lot of people's primary complaint is the sailing. I don't actually mind the sailing. In fact, I think the ability to plant items on your boat is really cool, although I would like to see a bit more customization, like maybe an expensive upgraded equivalent to the boat that doesn't break nearly as easily. The problem is just that the content seems like it just needs a little more. to expand on what i mean:

    Shattered spiders? Wow, they're like crystal spiders with fancy attacks! Their nest is like a cursed version of a spider queen that melted into rock! it's den drops moon rock and glass shards which are used in the celestial tab! Wait... their nests are non-renewable? Oh... and the spiders have the same drops as normal spiders? Okay...

    Wow, the celestial altar! You can craft all the rest of the celestial items! I wonder what valuable and helpful loot it will drop... glass tools that break things really fast... okay that's kinda cool I guess... the glass sword is the same damage as a dark sword but really expensive, less durability but more against nightmares... ok that sounds not worth the effort but cool I guess... moon turf... sure... sculptures, sure... bath bombs to give glass on full moon... okay... no items using moon rock? It's a moon island, why would there be nothing to craft with moon rock?

    Saladmanders, wow cool! They're a way to get dragonfruits without farming! And carrats that hide in the ground and drop leafy meat to be used in the new recipes! Are they renewable tho? ... no? Ok ._.

    Pearl? No complains here, I love her. Same with the lunar trees, they look cool and their superior loot table and moon moths give it the edge over normal trees, incentivizing making the lunar island trip. fishing is really cool too. I like that it adds variety of playstyle, even if that playstyle isn't great. and the malbatross is a fine boss, although another use for their feathers might be nice. maybe you could craft wings that allow you to fly from one place on the screen to another, like a slightly worse lazy explorer with higher durability. I don't know.

    Wow, crab king boss! You can build your own boss with the gems you socket! it's like the POST-ENDGAME boss! wait, the boss only has one cool drop? And it's a fairly expensive item to craft that is only kinda useful in the ocean? The gems you socket have no effect on the loot table, and socketing pearl's pearl drops an item that doesn't have any use yet, even her broken pearl which doesn't do anything special for your pearl relationship? Okay -__-

    My main complaint is that a lot of the cool stuff such as shattered nests, saladmanders, and carrats are non-renewable. Making the spider nests able to be replanted somehow (maybe by fighting a crystalized spider queen with a bath bomb or something) would make them actually useful as opposed to just a thing you clear out.

    I get that not everything has to be useful, but a lot of the appeal of don't starve is a world starting out brutal and unmanageable but then slowly trying to conquer and bend it to your will. It doesn't feel like you can really do that much on the lunar island right now. I know it's new content, but I feel like even with the assets they have now they could have just made some balance tweaks and made the island actually useful to go to. The glass tools suck, the mobs are non-renewable, the crab king is not worth the effort, and the ocean in general doesn't seem like you're incentivized to venture into.

    It's supposed to be like the second equivalent to the caves, but the caves are superior in every conceivable way. Bunnymen? Bring those chonkers up to your base as one of the best food sources in the game. You find the ruins? If you know what you're doing, you get fancy gems, fancy staffs and gear and gears, and later in the game, with some setup, you can fight a big bad that has VERY GOOD LOOT and makes the caves renewable. Bringing loot and facing the various dangers of the caves is rewarded aptly.

    The lunar island takes just as much if not MORE resources and preparation, yet it's loot is simply not that good. The only thing that's really that worth it right now are the trees. The rest is simply for fun, but imo, doing a lot of work just to get a couple weak items in return... that's not very fun.

    I don't want it to be overpowered either. I just want it to be more difficult than the ruins, but with way better loot. They could just tweak some of the items to make them easier to craft and more useful. I'm excited to see what they do to make the ocean more viable as an option.

    submitted by /u/stereor4ptor
    [link] [comments]

    Shipwrecked Megabase 1350+days

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 11:51 AM PDT

    Rant

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 03:54 PM PDT

    I know you guys are probably tired of me posting here but i gotta say something. The shadow pieces is the most bugged shit in all of dst ps4. My friend player for 300 days and put all the suspicious marble on the sculptures. Then when he came back to do the bossfight the bishop head was gone and there wasnt another one in the entire world. He basically played in a world for 300 days without knowing that he wouldnt ever be able to do shadow pieces or fuelweaver. Ive had a few worlds i had to quit just because there wasnt even a sculpture setpiece. A few times i found one that only had a rook. And the worst part is every time i try find out what i can do about this shit all i see is " just use console commands ".

    submitted by /u/Famine-Is-The-Answer
    [link] [comments]

    Lore and Character personalities?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 01:09 PM PDT

    I'm wondering about the lore and personalities of the survivors in the constant. Although, there isn't too much on it, so could someone tell me about it?

    submitted by /u/Throwaway962871
    [link] [comments]

    How to give another player admin status?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 02:25 PM PDT

    Hello, I'm currently playing on a friend's server (not dedicated) and I want to be able to use console commands such as spawning mats, maintain stats, or creative mode on the fly in case we're stuck in a jiffy. How do you go about it as player 2?

    We've tried this (adminlist.txt) but it didn't work.

    submitted by /u/diccboops
    [link] [comments]

    Help with DST Xbox

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 05:55 PM PDT

    Can you get a dedicated server for a you and friends on Xbox?

    submitted by /u/bEAnz101O1
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for tips to deal with awful situation

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 05:23 PM PDT

    So I've bee playing for a long time. Both together and single player DS. I've survived in shipwrecked before for a couple of 'years' but I'm on my first really lenghty run in ROG. Day 360 and I decided to set up a base in Shipwrecked so I would eventually reset my RoG world. This is my first time linking worlds.

    Anyway, I jump over all packed up neatly with tons of stuff in bundling wraps and the moment I arrive tge Seaworthy is surrounded by lvl 3 spiderdens and about a dozen of them awaken as spider queens. I've killed a lot of them before but never a large group at once. Is there an effective way to clear out that mess?

    I was hoping to set up a base right next to the Seaworthy. That is my second queetion is that a good idea, or are there more optimal spots to settle in shipwrecked?

    submitted by /u/qplung
    [link] [comments]

    Password

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 04:33 PM PDT

    What's a popular password y'all use in your worlds?

    submitted by /u/LZulb
    [link] [comments]

    Just hopping back in and i don't remember anything

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 12:47 PM PDT

    Hey all I play on PS4 with my wife sometimes but we are both getting back into the game and need as much help as possible my gamer tag is Mr_Kawone

    submitted by /u/MrKawone
    [link] [comments]

    The longer I survive the more I feel like taking risks and just dying to start over. If I don't die I feel a bit bad. I know it's counterintuitive. Does this happen with anyone else?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 03:31 PM PDT

    Is Dontstarvemods.com safe?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 01:40 PM PDT

    I recently stumbled upon a website called https://dontstarvemods.com/ and was wondering if it was safe, if you choose to press download I learned it redirects you to another website called https://modsbase.com/ is it safe to download from?

    submitted by /u/FactParticular
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for a beginner

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 09:48 AM PDT

    So I just started to play Dont starve and am honestly a bit lost. Like I put some stiff together on my few first days but after that I dont know what to do. After I make an alchemy station what do I than start making? I know this is not put together well but honestly I'm just lost and need some help.

    submitted by /u/Ghost12745
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment