• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 29, 2020

    Don't Starve How my friend plays Wendy...

    Don't Starve How my friend plays Wendy...


    How my friend plays Wendy...

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 09:47 PM PDT

    Ran into a Treeguard for the first time and it did not go well

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 12:20 PM PDT

    I made an easily editable season + moon cycle calendar for DST using google sheets!

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 12:45 AM PDT

    here is the link:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17UAk9Khe5LOUkV4oor2fjm00kSHsfnBWWh8tYvmJ0V4/edit?usp=sharing

    Most of the calendars I found on the internet only show a fixed range of values for seasons and moon cycles, commonly only providing up to the first 500 days, becoming useless for people like me who like spending hundreds to thousands of days building megabases.

    This calendar is unique in such a way that you can simply change the first calendar date into your current day, and the rest of the calendar will follow, projecting seasons and moon cycles for the next 2 years!

    Feel free to make your own copy of this calendar to use it for yourself :)

    submitted by /u/sumbody5665
    [link] [comments]

    made this as a character concept, would love to see sum like this in the game. @herxin_addict on insta

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 06:51 PM PDT

    While I was searching for a home island, I found this one and chose it. I was surprised when I found 2 Doy-Doy birds (separated) on the island, so I made them a pen. I don't play much Shipwrecked, am I lucky?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 02:23 AM PDT

    Guano

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 05:02 AM PDT

    Moose Goose vs Bee Queen?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 11:11 PM PDT

    I have an interesting world gen where there's a goose nest and queen hive barely a tile away from each other. Is it possible to get them to aggro each other and duke it out? I can't seem to make it happen, but that doesn't mean it's impossible!

    submitted by /u/GZiggie
    [link] [comments]

    Should I search for tips/guides? (new player)

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 11:41 AM PDT

    Yesterday I bought don't starve for my Switch. Im a bit lost with the game. Do you recommend me to watch any guide on YouTube or read tips in reddit? or should I just experience it without knowing anything?

    submitted by /u/Sr_papixulo
    [link] [comments]

    Lights Out Questions

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 08:59 AM PDT

    I've just started a lights out world as Maxwell and am wondering how much the game is changed by this. I realize the obvious things like that the Pig King will always be alseep and unable to be traded with. Additionally, I know that it's still possible to get birds via Catcoons.
    But primarily, I'm wondering how crop growth for Berry Bushes, Grass Tufts, Trees, and Saplings are affected by this eternal night. Will they still grow, and if not, will placing Fireflies above them circumvent this?
    When making a Spider Farm, is it possible to use a bait to lure the Bunnymen into an enclosed area so that I could collect the monster meat?
    Do I need to move into the caves during Summer, or will the Night cause it to be cold enough to prevent Wildfires, Withering, and Overheating?
    Does the length of the night factor into the growth rate of Blue Mushrooms?
    Are there any other important things that I need to know?

    submitted by /u/LEETHELIVER
    [link] [comments]

    Summer base and tips?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 06:37 PM PDT

    I'm playing regular don't starve RoG and I'm getting close to the end of spring. I decided building a future cave base or summer desert base is the way to go so I don't have to build lots of flingomatics in my main base. Since it's my first summer I heard things to do are kill DFly, farm tumbleweeds and cactus. Any tips for building a small summer base? Also is a base in the desert more viable than the caves because it's my first summer? What to make for a small summer base and other tips to further help me prep for summer?

    submitted by /u/Spoiled_Soda
    [link] [comments]

    Some Assorted Questions

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 06:02 PM PDT

    1. So I have two saves as Maxwell, one on SW and one on RoG. If I take the RoG character and use the Seaworthy, it's my understanding that I'll be able to overwrite the SW character and combine the two saves?
    2. Taking the above situation, if I have a touchstone active in the RoG world and die in SW, will I be resurrected or will it be game over?
    3. The main reason I wanted to world-hop to SW is to get Doydoys for even more easy food (bee farms OP), beyond those two are there any other food sources worth farming?
    4. When using the Seaworthy from the RoG world, do I spawn at the Seaworthy in the SW world or the normal world origin? If I move the SW Seaworthy, will that change where I arrive there?

    Thanks for any answers and input. Cheers

    submitted by /u/MedicRules41
    [link] [comments]

    Relocation help

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 01:46 PM PDT

    So i just started work on a new megabase and i want to relocate beefalo and voltgoats, is there any easy way other than telefocus to move them? Also how do you make their herd home at your pen location so that you can have them breed at your base? If anyones got tips on that or just random tips for megabasing in general, it would be much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Famine-Is-The-Answer
    [link] [comments]

    Can the DLC characters be unlocked in the Nintendo Switch version of the game?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 01:46 PM PDT

    I have recently started playing the game on nintendo switch, and found out via a friend that there are more than the vanilla 9 characters, but these DLC characters don't appear on the character selection menu, so I'm unsure if they are unlockable on the switch version.

    I'm not asking how to unlock them, just if they can be.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/HeyImTojo
    [link] [comments]

    Sorry if this has been brought up aplenty here already, but my PC is pretty decent yet lags while running Don't Starve (original, no Reign of Giants, both with and without mods), any tips?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 01:00 PM PDT

    I did use the search bar and didn't really find any posts asking about this specific issue of lag when there shouldn't be any. And this place seems more active than the Steam forums, which is why I'm posting this here. My laptop specs (Lenovo Y720):

    - Intel i7 7700HQ

    - NVidia GTX 1060 6gb

    - 16gb RAM

    - Game installed on 1tb Samsung Evo 970 Plus SSD

    DS runs consistently at 45fps, sometimes 50, and dips down to 30-40 with lag spikes when there's a lot going on on screen, for example with abundant spawns in my world settings. I have already made sure my laptop is plugged in and set to maximum power/no power-saving to prevent throttling, I've gone into my NVidia control center to force DS to use my NVidia card instead of integrated, and I'm on my newest drivers for everything my PC needs drivers for.

    So what gives? Is the game just unoptimized for some particular part of my specs, is it perhaps a faulty new driver which I should roll back from? Or is it just the infamous forced updates on Windows 10 that seem to worsen your PC's performance more and more over time? For reference, this PC runs Crysis at max settings at (usually) 40-60fps, depending on which part of the game I'm playing in. On a side note, it's amazing how that game still gives modern mid-range PCs a run for their money, no?

    submitted by /u/HelloIAmAStoner
    [link] [comments]

    Good starting island

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 04:03 PM PDT

    Good starting island

    Just started out on this island that has 3 gold veins, a touch stone, a totaly normal tree and a message in a bottle that leads to a very nearby island. Just thought I'd share it.

    https://preview.redd.it/h2ikpzcoiod51.png?width=1894&format=png&auto=webp&s=158bea54e54e34b21c9e9a7feb788529a41333c7

    submitted by /u/BlackerCat
    [link] [comments]

    Cutest Wurt Skin.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 08:12 AM PDT

    What is the cutest skin for the curious Merm girl herself. (I main Wurt and her abyssal skin is my favourite).

    submitted by /u/Z-MechIsLit
    [link] [comments]

    best way to relocate gekko herd?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 12:36 PM PDT

    i want to move a bunch of gekkos to another pen far enough away that building fences would be costly. i see telelocator requires 3 purple gems per use, so that'd be a very expensive move. wondering if anyone has a better idea?

    submitted by /u/the_ham_bat
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to get max health back?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 07:19 AM PDT

    I tried googling this but it only showed results for DST and not solo.

    I'm on console ps4 ROG solo. I made a meat effigy 1st time and had no idea it took max health away. Is there a way to get it back?

    submitted by /u/FFrancis24
    [link] [comments]

    Weird Setpiece that I have never seen before???

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 04:50 AM PDT

    Ok ok maybe a lot of you guys have seen this before, but ive been playing every version of this game for years now and have never seen this one! I have been trying to get my boyfriend into the game and he kept dying from dumb stuff so he asked me to make a new world and show him around. I generated this world and right where I spawned was a weird op setpiece. I thought it was a trap at first, and tried to look up how to not activate it but couldnt find any info on it (though I didnt go digging thaaaat much).

    Heres what the piece was : Some boons and three chests, one filled with stacks of ten of each of the best crops, one with all the starter tools and blueprints fir divining rod, straw roll, and backpack, and the last one having full stack of wood, grass, sticks, gold, rocks, silk, and a couple of other things I dont remember. Right. At. Spawn.

    I wish that I had taken a picture of it, but did not think to at the time. I was just wondering about if this was a common one that ive just never got, or if this is one of those mega cool rare ones. I have never seen or heard if this one before and it seemed pretty neat! Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/daddyslilduckie
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment