• Breaking News

    Friday, February 26, 2021

    Don't Starve It's Meme Friday - February 26, 2021 - The day for all Don't Starve related memery!

    Don't Starve It's Meme Friday - February 26, 2021 - The day for all Don't Starve related memery!


    It's Meme Friday - February 26, 2021 - The day for all Don't Starve related memery!

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 05:01 PM PST

    Today is the day you are allowed to post don't starve-related meme on /r/dontstarve so go wild!

    Remember to stay cordial and that the rules (including the spam rule) are still in place.

    If you are too busy today you can head to https://www.reddit.com/r/DSTmemes/ for even more Memes!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My imagination always do be playing tricks on me.

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 06:49 PM PST

    The first drawing I like enough to post! Tell me what you think.

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 09:15 AM PST

    Wendy and Abigail out of clay

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 04:19 PM PST

    Jerky Time! ( drained 20 pts of my sanity for making this)

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 02:22 PM PST

    I'm once again asking for your feedback support.

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 12:28 PM PST

    Is this supposed to happen? Or is it just bad world gen

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 01:26 AM PST

    Spider queen glitch with boats

    Posted: 26 Feb 2021 12:34 AM PST

    I had set up a simple spider farm using catapults and boats. After a few hours of playing, the nest turned into a spider queen. I was planning on killing her by getting her aggroed on me, jumping on the boat and letting catapults do the rest. But everytime I jump on the boat, she just deaggros. Does anyone have the same problem?

    submitted by /u/KGTrashcan
    [link] [comments]

    Fuel weaver + misery toad back 2 back on console

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 04:19 PM PST

    Late x mas gift from a friend has made me so happy!

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 10:37 AM PST

    Wilbur in DST?

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 10:39 PM PST

    So what do you guys think the chances are of him getting included in multiplayer eventually? Yeah i know theres mods but im on PS4. While im at it do you guys think they plan to eventually include every character in dst? Doesnt really look like any of them would be broken in a multiplayer environment compared to some of the dst exclusives haha. And it would be easy content for them to include.

    submitted by /u/mattanderson131313
    [link] [comments]

    New moon gang

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 10:17 PM PST

    anyone know a mod to go fishing in hamlet?

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 09:56 PM PST

    the fishing rod is useless outside of relics since ponds don't spawn and u can't fish in the lily pond biome. it's infuriating

    submitted by /u/DlVlDERE
    [link] [comments]

    How to people feel about being able to change world settings mid world now?

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 12:37 PM PST

    In the most recent beta, Klei has been working on a few main mechanic changes. One of the main selling points that you can do is being able to change world settings after you have created any world, assuming it's possible to tweak after creation (you can't set Mactusk camps to "more" after the world is made, for instance, but you could tweak the respawn times of something like a pig house instead).

    This obviously allows for some incredibly powerful abusing potential over the world (my favorite example being eternal day + autumn, with the season being swapped at will if you need to farm something from it), but there's also the ability to change a few settings to be more/less harassing. In particular, here's a few examples I'm thinking about tweaking:

    -You can now turn off smoldering after a world is made. Since there still isn't any real counter to it aside from using the telelocator staff (and are you really going to spend 2 staffs for potentially 1-2 minutes of rain?), this is an okay substitute for dealing with it until something is added to combat it.

    -You can turn off lureplants. Personally, I actually do like this quite a bit. Aside from the fact that lureplants are incredibly destructive on natural turf builds, you also can retain any lureplants you had prior to turning this off. This means that after you farm a sufficient amount, you can simply turn off the setting and still have a supply of them, and turn it back on should you require more.

    -Meteors/Earthquakes can also be disabled. Similar reasons to the lureplant (meteors don't really have much use other then dead zones after you get the orb, and earthquakes are super destructive if you actually want to do cave builds and want to use specific rock items).

    -You can filter what you don't want from regrowth now. Twiggy trees are a good example of this. They sprout up everywhere, get in the way of builds, and overall don't look pleasent in most cases. Turning them off won't remove them, but will prevent anymore from spawning, and will stay gone should you clear them. You can also disable forest petrification, which is nice if you want to use evergreens for decorative builds. Lastly, you can disable regrowth as a whole entirely now, but with the filter settings I really don't see myself doing this.

    -You can now force any event you could possibly desire. I know I will use it quite a bit (Especially for the "year of the" events, which cycle every 12 years). Winter's feast is another candidate, allowing you to grind festive lights whenever you want.

    -You can tweak boss spawns to spawn much more frequently/outright disable them. This is probably the most cheaty one that isn't outright day/season manipulation, as it allows you to farm far more boss loot then you normally could. However, I still do consider it a neat option in some cases. In particular, deerclops is a viable target, given how it only comes once a year at best and it's eye is required for houndius. Klaus is also something I could think about tweaking if I'm doing winter's feast, as it pretty much speeds up the grind to farm up festive lights.

    Most importantly, all of the things I just stated will very likely be doable on the console versions when the update comes out. This does excite me a bit, as previously all of this was possible on PC in most cases, but usually required mods/external tweaking to apply the override settings. I'm happy there is a more "vanilla" way to do this now.

    Overall, there's a lot you can do with the settings. There's a lot of people that are going to find changing any setting cheaty, and personally that's fine. I know there are some settings I probably won't tweak ever, and I probably will feel guilty if I change any of them. But hey, if this update doesn't scream "Your world, your rules!", then I don't know what else does :P

    Final note, you can now save presets with their own custom name/description. The original presets are still there, but this will help if you just want to instantly set specific settings (Tons klaus + winters feast comes to mind).

    submitted by /u/Maxil20
    [link] [comments]

    almighty goat

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 11:35 AM PST

    Live and learn i guess

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 07:53 PM PST

    Started playing hamlet. Thought being able to have a house was super cool and convenient. You can put ALL your stuff in there :).......

    But then lightning happened >.> was only on day 35 but holy cow I lost everything. guess ill start over lol

    submitted by /u/mattanderson131313
    [link] [comments]

    Do goats reappear? / Moose Goose Locations?

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 02:07 PM PST

    First question is, do goats reappear? I dont kill all of them, I mostly leave just 2 hanging around but what if I do kill them all? Also, where can I find multiple moose gooses? Ive only found one but I need at least 2 more

    submitted by /u/Lotus2g
    [link] [comments]

    Help me please everything went wrong

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 12:51 PM PST

    DST Boat speed

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 01:55 PM PST

    Does anybody know the exact speed for the boats in DST? I need it for some math

    submitted by /u/ProSnowflake555
    [link] [comments]

    Why can’t I link my Klei account to twitch?

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 09:11 AM PST

    I really want the salt box skin but I can't link my twitch to Klei, I've looked everything up and it tells me to go to the rewards tab on my Klei account and click something, but the thing I'm sapost to click isn't there. So how do I do it?

    submitted by /u/Gmantherandom2
    [link] [comments]

    Lag reducing for a 2 people world with different connection speeds. Need help!

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 11:56 AM PST

    So, my girlfriend and I play DST together, at different places, and the world where we're playing now is hosted by her. The problem is, her internet connection and velocity is kinda bad, and mine's better. I would like to know whether the lags diminishes if I start to host the server (her lag when I host < my lag when she hosts) or both of us need to have a good connection to make the game feel fluid.

    My theory is that (given that the upload speed is always slower than the download speed) the host should have the best upload speed of us, because the host gives much more information than it recieves. And the host having the best upload speed is more important than the client having the best download speed.

    Does it make sense? Does it work? Have someone ever tested this?

    Also, if you have any tips for lag reducing, they'll be very well recieved. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Gusthor
    [link] [comments]

    RoG Chapter 5 transition: Stack of gold vs Miners hat and 6 fireflies?

    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 05:10 AM PST

    Basically title. I'm on chapter 4 with the portal ready for the first time after 90ish hours and countless failed attempts. Two worlds is definitely cosy but at the moment I cant find any more fireflies and there's barely any forest or grassland in the 2nd world (the nasty part of the two worlds map, although tbh I'm not game enough to go into the sick portal) so it looks like I'm not going to get a 20 stack of fireflies on hand for the final chapter transfer. Just wondering about the efficiency of continuously making new miner hats vs trying to wing it with the 6 fuel+hat that I have... I have tam/walking cane and am currently working on a 20 stack of big jerky. Entering chapter 5 on full stats is not a problem. Cheers

    Finally I've made it this far without bundling wrap so I'm kinda comitted to this playstyle... I want to complete this as intended.

    btw accidently posted this on dst forum sorry...

    submitted by /u/BookCedarFirCoal
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment