• Breaking News

    Friday, January 1, 2021

    Don't Starve Quick Question Megathread January

    Don't Starve Quick Question Megathread January


    Quick Question Megathread January

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 04:15 PM PST

    If you have a quick question you can post it there. The post is stickied all month outside of announcement so don't worry someone will see it.

    Although old some of these links should help newcomers in the game:

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    It's Meme Friday - January 01, 2021 -, the day for all Don't Starve related memery!

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 04:15 PM PST

    Today is the day you are allowed to post don't starve-related meme on /r/dontstarve so go wild!

    Remember to stay cordial and that the rules (including the spam rule) are still in place.

    If you are too busy today you can head to https://www.reddit.com/r/DSTmemes/ for even more Memes!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Family photo!

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 09:09 AM PST

    [ oc fanart ] THERE ARE FLAMMABLE CHEMICALS HERE STOP IT

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 06:58 PM PST

    Um.... when I press tab and hover over a food it cooks it?? When I walked to a different spot it just kept spawning in the same place.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 07:16 PM PST

    Is farming actually worth doing now or still not worth the time investment?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 09:38 PM PST

    topic

    submitted by /u/djvam
    [link] [comments]

    My girlfriend bullet journals religiously. This coming month had a familiar theme

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 10:10 AM PST

    How do you orphan a bee?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 01:31 AM PST

    So orphan bees will cause new flowers to spawn, but I'm not exactly sure how you orphan a bee. Do you just capture it somewhere and release it somewhere else? Do you have to capture it then destroy its hive before releasing it? Do you have to destroy its hive then capture it when it goes to sleep outside?

    In my previous world, I actually had some orphan bees in my cave base which caused a bunch more flowers to grow than the ones I originally planted with butterflies, but I can't remember how I orphaned them.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/arthur_vandelay12
    [link] [comments]

    Regeneration

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 01:05 AM PST

    is there a hotkey for the regenerate world? because it regenerated my day 36 world. and it is weird that I'm feeling nothing even though it is the first world in like 20 deleted ones that I made it this far.. and I remembered killing my first boss the white beager.. and tbh Idk if I can restart a world again

    submitted by /u/Own_Chemical_5334
    [link] [comments]

    I recently found a bug

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 12:36 AM PST

    I'm really annoyed on the bug i found while playing, whenever i tried typing, all i can type are just "/", "?", And space and when i attempted to send them it just wouldn't send it, i can't even communicate with others.

    submitted by /u/Cringey_human
    [link] [comments]

    RE: the annoyingly minimalistic UI

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 05:27 PM PST

    I've been playing DST with some friends during the lockdown and having a blast. As with most sandbox games with tons of recipe options it takes a lot of searching the wiki, watching and reading guides, and experimenting to figure out what everything does, and I like that. The feeling of discovering something cool that you can't wait to use is a great one, and I love how difficult the game is to get good at.

    That being said, there are some things I wish were different: I think that being able to learn the game without as many external resources would be great. Often the lack of information makes things seem out of your control. All of a sudden winter sets in with no indication of how long it will last or what it will do. Descriptions of clothing are frustratingly vague, so a new player is left guessing whether they should make an umbrella, a rain coat, or just a straw hat to stay safe from the rain. The main thing that I dislike about this simplicity is the lack of any numbers. Budgeting food is made unnecessarily hard by the fact that a dish's stats aren't anywhere to be found, and when a deerclops suddenly appears on day 30, there is no way other than the internet or experience to know whether to turn and fight or just accept the destruction. Even after engaging an enemy, there is no way to tell whether it is 5 hits from death or 50. Obviously there are mods to improve the UI, but I don't see why a game with such depth would make it so hard to easily interact with that depth.

    TL;DR: the game doesn't give much specific information about items, food, seasons, and damage, why did they make this choice?

    I'm curious to know what other players think about this and whether it's just my particular playstyle that makes these things a problem.

    submitted by /u/Enryha
    [link] [comments]

    Daily gifts and skin drops for year 2020 【DST】

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 07:15 PM PST

    Severe performance issues on switch

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 06:44 PM PST

    Hey I've look around a bit but I'm not sure if this is solvable. I'm experience incredible slow down on the switch version, especially in shipwrecked, where its basically unplayable. Anyone know about this or have any solutions?

    submitted by /u/YoyoTimes5
    [link] [comments]

    How does a pig war work exactly?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 06:06 PM PST

    Let's say this happens:

    You have 20 pigs, you feed two of them, so now you have two befriended. You attack cancel a neutral pig and now the war starts, right? But wouldn't only the two pigs you befriend be targets? And once they die, isn't the war "over?" If it's 18 vs 2, how is this an effective farming mechanic?

    submitted by /u/Epixca
    [link] [comments]

    Is this supposed to be a set piece?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 03:53 PM PST

    Will anything happen in 2021 top this disaster of last year? Hope not.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 05:02 PM PST

    Basic crockpot recipes to know

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 02:54 AM PST

    For some random stranger only knowing how to make meatballs(not that they are bad)

    Fishsticks- 40 health,37.5 hunger and 5 sanity

    1 fish,1 twig,2 fillers

    Pierogi- 40 health,37.5 hunger and 5 sanity

    1 meat or monster meat,1 or 2 eggs,2 or 1 vegetable

    Honey ham- 30 health,75 hunger and 5 sanity(also raises your temperature)

    1 meat,1 monster meat or normal meat,2 honey

    Bacon and eggs- 20 health,75 hunger,5 sanity

    2 meat,2 eggs

    Meaty stew- 12 health,150 hunger,5 sanity

    1 monster meat or normal meat and 3 meat

    Soothing tea-(if you have a lot of forget me lots,also raises your temperature)3 health,0 hunger,15 sanity

    1 forget me lots,1 honey,1 ice,1 filler

    Its better to just pick cactuses from deserts to restore your sanity because they are way less resource expensive. Btw you can eat 1 forget me lots for 1 sanity

    submitted by /u/MrSnow87
    [link] [comments]

    A cake my sister made for me for my birthday

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 05:40 AM PST

    I made a pig friend, but the way he tells me we're friends makes me scared...Seems a little psycho xD

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 09:26 AM PST

    With all the recent updates in DST, what are your progression throughout the game?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 02:23 PM PST

    Hi! I've been playing the single-player Don't Starve, with the Reign of Giants and Shipwrecked expansions. I've also played DST with my friends for a bit before I stopped for a bit to play other games. We can survive for a couple of full years across all seasons, at least on the surface since we never really had a reason to explore the caves before. We just built farms and make a large base without any particular goal in mind.

    It's been a long time since we stopped (before the atrium boss), so I'm not sure what's new and what's out there, so I feel confused with all these new things in the game. I need help with ideas on how to proceed with exploring them.

    Personally for you, in general, what's your progression/things you (try to) accomplish? For example, do you explore the seas first? Or the caves? Which bosses do you do first? Do you try to do it in the first year, etc?

    Thanks for the help!

    submitted by /u/erocrizs
    [link] [comments]

    Having trouble healing in winter

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 04:53 PM PST

    I was making trail mix to heal from roasted birchnuts but my birchnut trees stopped producing nuts now that it's winter :( So I just can't get my health back up. Farming spiders seems to take forever for salves. Is there anyway to heal more effectively in winter? Or somehow get birchnuts in winter?

    submitted by /u/djvam
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment