• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 30, 2020

    Don't Starve Weekly Super Meme Thread - June 30, 2020 -, post your Memes here.

    Don't Starve Weekly Super Meme Thread - June 30, 2020 -, post your Memes here.


    Weekly Super Meme Thread - June 30, 2020 -, post your Memes here.

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 05:11 PM PDT

    You've missed Monday Meme? Don't be sad you can still post meme in this thread. You can also head to https://www.reddit.com/r/DSTmemes/ for even more Memes!

    Remember to stay cordial and let the other memers some room to post their own thread by using album when you can.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Would you do it for a Piggy Snack?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 08:42 PM PDT

    After learning the game from scratch and trying out different characters on different servers, me and my best friend made it to day 500 ❤️. We killed the big bads for the first time on this server and made this museum ��. Super proud of us and ready for our next big milestone ��

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 07:14 PM PDT

    İf this army got no sack, ill hang myself

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 09:45 AM PDT

    Where can I get modding help?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 11:07 PM PDT

    I'm trying to learn modding, and have made successful modifications to a mod to balance it out, but they are just number changes. Now I'm trying to add in new items, I'm able to make them function but they are invisible when held in my characters hand. Any help?

    submitted by /u/xxxXMinecraftXxxx
    [link] [comments]

    Is this a bug? First time i see this

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 10:11 PM PDT

    so..i've been playing for a while (android), and I've been wondering, what's the best character?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 06:44 PM PDT

    This happened once in a server of mine this is a screenshot I had of it I deleted the world shortly after this screenshot

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 01:34 PM PDT

    Do you have any questions about all Don't Starve games and DLCs? I'll answer them here!

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 11:26 AM PDT

    So, I've been playing Don't Starve since 2014, and I've met alot of new players who don't know alot about the game. Any Don't Starve related question you might have, I'll try to answer!

    May the Constant be with you

    • Me

    Edit: As people have pointed out self advertising, I've removed the advertising part

    submitted by /u/MrGammaPlay
    [link] [comments]

    I have been playing this world for 7 in game days and haven't found a single boulder/rock

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 01:38 PM PDT

    Please kill me

    submitted by /u/Heyoman2234
    [link] [comments]

    Questions: Should I get DS or DST to play solo

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 02:48 PM PDT

    I might have more people to play with in the future. But for now I'd prefer to play solo , Should I do that on DS or buy DST and play solo on it?

    submitted by /u/OfficialRedditModd
    [link] [comments]

    Avoiding Aporkalypse when coming to Hamlet from ROG

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 12:10 PM PDT

    I understand that if I hop over to Hamlet past day 60 or so, I'll end up starting in the Aporkalypse. Ideally I'd like to avoid that, so I was wondering if I world hop in RoG before I travel to Hamlet so my day count is reset to 1, would I then also start at day 1 in Hamlet and avoid the Aporkalypse, or would it carry over the total number of days survived?

    submitted by /u/fidgimon
    [link] [comments]

    Which mod shows the hunger, health and sanity of a player in chat?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 11:59 AM PDT

    Other ones I would like to know is which wormhole connects to which (by color) showing if you're near a campfire in game, one that shows which season you're in? Also what're some other useful mods you reccomend? I will update in the comments if I think of more I want to use

    submitted by /u/NarNars52
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] PS4 DST: Is it possible to play local co-op (split screen) online?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 12:17 PM PDT

    I bought the DST game on sale and I have been playing local co-op with my partner offline. We love it.

    As the title suggests, I just want to know if we can play local co-op (split screen) online. My two questions follow:

    1) if we have a friend who has the game in a different location, can we both play online with our friend, us two having the same system?

    2) can we somehow play slit screen co-op "online" but just with each other, I.e. so that we can use the DLC characters, but on our own private server? At the moment, I stupidly bought the DLC characters and it seems as if we can't even use them for split screen co-op? I wish this was more transparent, as a tweet from the developers seemed to indicate they could be used locally.

    Any help with this would be immensely appreciated.

    submitted by /u/aspectreis
    [link] [comments]

    all my homies hate pigs

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 09:06 PM PDT

    Explaining single player vs DST and which game to choose

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 02:28 AM PDT

    Over the course of a few years, I've seen many players ask about the differences between the two games (myself included). Here in this post, I'll be outlining some of the more obvious differences as well as helping unsure players decide which game to play. Before I begin, I want to point out that I'm no expert at game design and I don't have much experience with the Hamlet DLC. A decent portion of this post will be based on my own experiences (please feel free to correct me on any false information).

    Let's go over the single player game first. Single player Don't Starve is the classic experience. The game is very well balanced, with reasonable mob health and relative scarcity of resources. While the base game is fine, the DLCs are what makes single player worth it. Reign of Giants, Shipwrecked, and Hamlet all add a huge amount of new content to the game, and giving the player an option to travel to multiple different areas and between worlds. The game is completely lag free. Historically, the game has a lot of bugs (although I'm uncertain if they have been patched), and certain features are very exploitable (such as fire farms). Every resource/item can be renewed through world hopping. However, this could be bad because if you run out of a non-renewable resource in that world, better say goodbye to that world! Also if you accidentally die or your base gets destroyed, have fun restarting! Single player is very unforgiving in this sense. There is also an Adventure Mode, which basically plays into the lore of the game. Overall, the plethora of content from DLCs, better game balance, and no lag make single player a great experience.

    Now let's talk about DST. First of all, single player has no multiplayer feature, but DST can be played solo. DST gets more frequent updates and events, as opposed to the more occasional, bulky, DLC additions. One glaring difference is that this game is specifically balanced for multiplayer. Although resources are more abundant and are more densely generated, the health of many mobs have been increased. Health of many bosses have been increased, and in certain cases completely transformed into raid-bosses (e.g. Dragonfly with a whopping 27,500 hp). This makes survival a lot easier, but makes killing bosses harder. A lot of mechanics have been reworked/added as well (smoldering, diseased plants, petrification, antlion's sinkholes). These mechanics along with certain items being unrenewable and less content overall will limit megabasing. However, world regrowth, defeating the ancient fuelweaver, and other mechanics allows the renewal of resources without having to world-hop. DST is also a lot more forgiving, allowing more casual players to enjoy the game. I will point out that despite having less content than single player with SW/HAM, DST has more content (and is more polished imo) than single player with only RoG. With a ton of rebalancing, reworking, new content, and more frequent updates/events, DST is still worth considering even if you're playing alone.

    So with all that said, which game should you play? Here are a few questions you can ask yourself:
    Are you going to play alone? Go with single player.
    Do you like frequent updates? DST.
    Do you want to progress through a story mode? Single player.
    Do you want to fight raid-bosses? DST.
    Want to play without lag? Singleplayer.
    Are skins and cosmetics important to you? DST.
    Do you want more content? Single player and get all the DLCs.
    Or do you not care about Shipwrecked and Hamlet? arguably DST.

    submitted by /u/Lolduckk
    [link] [comments]

    Help request for Don't Starve-related gift for girlfriend

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 07:00 AM PDT

    My girlfriend and I play Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together (together) and, over the course of a few years, have several maps we're attached to: a joint save where we have bases in Hamlet and Shipwrecked (linked by a Skyworthy), and a separate Shipwrecked file.

    For her birthday, I wanted to give her maps corresponding to the three worlds we have printed on something like a poster. I have plans already on how I might get large image files printed on nice, glossy paper. But I'm unsure how to access the highest quality image of our Don't Starve maps in our save files. Does anyone know how the maps views are stored in a save file, or how to access them and then convert them into a more traditional image file? I have no idea how to begin doing this. I would be open either to the full map (behind the fog of war) or the map as it currently is with lingering bits of fog of war remaining.

    If I can't make that happen, my other plan was to screenshot the map from close-up, over and over again, and then connect the disconnected screenshots in Photoshop. I suspect this would result in a lower-quality image, and much, much more work. Any advice on this would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/planetwalls
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment