• Breaking News

    Friday, March 13, 2020

    Don't Starve So cool. Would love to have this hanging in my den.

    Don't Starve So cool. Would love to have this hanging in my den.


    So cool. Would love to have this hanging in my den.

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 01:27 PM PDT

    Are you sure you wanna live there?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 02:16 PM PDT

    Wendy's Character Refresh is Coming Next Week! (March 19th)

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 03:39 PM PDT

    Copy-pasta from the source:

    Wendy clutches tightly to the memory of her twin sister, Abigail. Some days, it's almost as if she never left…

    Even from the afterlife, Abigail never stopped looking out for Wendy - and now Wendy has discovered how to return the favor. Her affinity with the supernatural has led her to the mysterious practice of Ectoherbology, allowing her to create haunting elixirs to aid her sister beyond the veil and make their bond stronger than ever before.

    Wendy's character refresh arrives next week - March 19th.

    Here are some of the details:

    • Wendy carries a flower that can summon her sister Abigail's spirit.
    • Abigail's spirit gets stronger over time but starts over if she is destroyed.
    • Abigail's might is tied to Wendy's health, making her fight harder while Wendy is weak.
    • Wendy can ask Abigail to stay close to her or roam more free via Abigail's flower.
    • Wendy does not lose sanity due to ghosts.
    • Pipspooks can now be found roaming around gravestones.
    • Wendy can commune with Pipspooks to help them find peace in exchange for Mourning Glory.
    • Wendy can use Mourning Glory in her Ectoherbology crafting tab to help her sister's spirit in various ways.
    • Wendy has reduced damage in combat, but suffers less sanity drain from auras and the dark.
    • Abigail's damage is affected by the number of enemies she is fighting, allowing her to be effective against a single enemy but at her best when fighting a crowd.

    We will also have a new animated short and we will bring a new item to the Crystaline Collection streaming drops as well. See you next week!

    Edit: The last bullet point.

    submitted by /u/lakhnish_monster
    [link] [comments]

    "At home in wild places, she is a stalwart survivor..." - A quick drawing of Survivor Wendy, since I'm a little hyped for the rework.

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 03:29 AM PDT

    On my fifth year, furthest I have ever made, this is my base, hope you like it, I definitely have more than just this, and I know it's not a mega base, and could've definitely accomplished a lot more, but its my base and i'm proud of it, things for the bottom left side?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 03:42 PM PDT

    Malbatross "speedrun" - trying to spawn and beat malbatross in the early game :>

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 02:07 AM PDT

    Different color version of Webber

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 06:46 PM PDT

    Wilbur is subtly one of the best characters in the game for skilled players.

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 01:22 PM PDT

    People sleep tf on Wilbur.

    I've been playing Don't Starve more recently - I used to play nearly every day and in the discord was somewhat known for being a big fan of Wilbur. He's seriously one of the best characters. Allow me to elaborate.

    His most obvious trait is his running speed. He's only 8% slower when walking, and 33% faster while running. The slowness is not as big of a deal as it might seem - it makes kiting patterns tighter, and it makes picking up items/generally moving around your base slightly slower, but it's nothing that you'll notice too much.

    However, you will definitely notice the 33% speed increase while running. Suddenly, everything on the map is 33% closer. You can be a lot more lenient with base building because you can essentially estimate any point on the map as being 33% closer than it would be with any other character. Additionally, this speed allows you to explore the entire map much, much faster than other characters can on day one.

    Other benefits of the speed include being able to catch up to rabbits and hitting them once, getting out of fights, dodging projectiles, and just generally being a fast monkey. Speed is nice! Combine him with a walking cane come winter and you're looking at extremely fast moving speed.

    Let's compare him to the other characters. Compared to the base (Wilson), Wilbur less health and sanity, but a bigger (33% bigger) stomach. The health and sanity hurt a bit but they're nothing gamebreaking - everyone has played with characters with bad stats there. The stomach is there to counteract the fact that running depletes hunger at a 33% faster rate. Regardless, stat-wise he's pretty standard.

    In terms of speed, the only two characters that can outspeed his run are WX-78 and Wilba during a full moon. WX-78 has to hope that lightning will strike him to achieve this, and it only lasts a day. It also costs him 33 sanity. Wilbur on the other hand can run from day 1, at any time, and at the cost of an increased rate of hunger loss, which is already offset by his larger stomach. At next tono cost, after only 3 seconds of walking, Wilbur becomes the 2nd fastest character in the game.

    His poop throwing is deceptively helpful. He can successfully throw poop at nearby birds, who will flop on the ground and are then able to be picked up to be killed, cooked, or trapped in a cage. This makes acquiring meat extremely easy, and at a cost of only 1 manure. Everyone here knows the importance of a small meat, it can make the omnipresent meatballs or a nice small piece of jerky. He's also an EXCELLENT Koelephant hunter. Because he can throw poop, he doesn't need to chase down the Koelephant - he can simply throw a piece of poop, and the Koelephant will come running towards him. He's also faster at getting from footprint to footprint. These two things make meat extremely easy to come across and more efficient at being acquired

    Wickerbottom can do something similar, but it's at a cost of 50 sanity, 2 papyruses and 2 eggs, which aren't always easy to find. And once the birds land she has to stay there - likely with a sleeping book, which costs her another 33 sanity, 2 papyrus, and 2 nightmare fuel. Wilbur can consistently do this at any point in the game at a cost of only manure, which he produces infrequently himself. IMO, his manure throwing is a lot better than Wickerbottom's ability to summon many birds.

    His other benefits include a 10 sanity boost from Bananas which is nothing huge but it's nice. He can also befriend Monkeys (unfortunately not Splumonkeys), which has some potential for shenanigans.

    Overall thanks to his ease in acquiring meat, his speed allowing for easy and quick exploration as well as effectively making the world map closer together, I think that he rivals Wickerbottom in her ability to acquire meat, I think he's better than WX at speed, I think he's the best Koelephant hunter in the game, and he's overall just a really solid character. I think other characters beat him at combat, but Wilbur does really well.

    submitted by /u/Brewster_The_Pigeon
    [link] [comments]

    Scared me a little seeing this skin on the lunar island for the first time

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 05:32 AM PDT

    The Game I love, but am too afraid to play

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 06:00 AM PDT

    Hi everyone. So, I've owned Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together for a good, long time. However, I've always been too afraid to play it. Every time I look online, or at what's been added. There's just more and more and more to know that I just.. Don't. I feel as though there's a INCREDIBLY high learning curve and I don't think I'll be able to stick it out myself to learn as I go.

    This is why I'm here. Because I love this game so much and I want to fully get into it, and get good at it. Would anybody be willing to help me learn this game? Perhaps playing with me, showing me the ropes and potentially starting a friendship.

    I want to take advantage of Don't Starve Together, but I just don't have many friends as interested in the game as I am. If anybody is willing to help out a relative noob to the game, please get in touch.

    submitted by /u/Enedion
    [link] [comments]

    Don’t Starve x Kirby (Crossover art contest I did a week back).

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 10:27 AM PDT

    Weird sink hole visual glitch

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 11:28 PM PDT

    I wonder how many SW players get this reference

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 06:38 AM PDT

    Hey guys the drawing is really coming together but it is not done sorry it is a bit late I was too lazy

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 04:43 AM PDT

    What is the skull beside my world save ?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 05:49 PM PDT

    When i go to my world in the main menu there is a skull all the way to the right of my game save and i dont know what it is. Can anyone help me and tell me what this means ?

    submitted by /u/brodyunderwood
    [link] [comments]

    Wigfrid or Wolfgang

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 04:54 PM PDT

    Which one do you think is better ?

    submitted by /u/HalitCan24
    [link] [comments]

    Help with the fuelweaver....

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 11:44 AM PDT

    So I basically have done almost every boss, the bosses I have not beat are malbatross and fuelweaver, malbatross I know how to beat but is a pain to spawn, and fuelweaver, I just can't beat hin fluently, and if you consider normal toadstool and enraged klaus as their own bosses then I have 4 remaining, and yes, I did beat misery toadstool, solo run, wolfgang, cheesed bosses are: Dragonfly (with wall sign technique, kited) Misery Toadstool (freeze cheesed) and Ancient Guardian (with lobsters), but for fuelweaver, I want to beat him legit, no cheese, but I have lots of trouble, I always fought him before with too many items on a seperate world, but I never spawned him legit, yet I can, but here is the things I have trouble with:

    Sanity Containing (I still can't beat it with bee queen crown and cooked cactus flesh)

    Health Containing (I'm too focused into the battle)

    Snare Attack (The disable thing doesn't work anymore that well)

    Woven Shadow Dealing (I tried my best to circle him around, but the woven bois still get to him, and I don't wanna use 12 weather pains)

    Unseen Hand Dealing (I can do hit, but I can't do damage since he immediately goes to spawn shadowy bois)

    Not having 12 terrorbeaks spawn (The nightmare amulet for some reason spawns too many shadow creatures)

    Containing the Bee Queen Crown (It always breaks)

    Day 258 is the day I beat my most recent boss, I wanna really learn how to beat him, but even with wolfgang, I can't beat him, even with tmi on a seperate world, so please give any tips for these problems, or even if you can play with me, pc player btw

    submitted by /u/yottacat
    [link] [comments]

    Adventure mode

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 03:08 PM PDT

    So I myself have never had a crack at adventure mode, until today. And abit confused because I was on chapter 2 and went into chapter 3. But for some reason it didn't take me anywhere different.

    So I went and tried the portal again, and now I'm on chapter 4. Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Raheemo_Therapy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment