• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 27, 2019

    Don't Starve Down with the pigs!

    Don't Starve Down with the pigs!


    Down with the pigs!

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 12:15 PM PDT

    wurt! (this was liked by Klei on my Instagram!!)

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 08:17 AM PDT

    [idea]Don't starve shooter (peashooter crossover)

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 06:30 AM PDT

    I drew Pac-Man in the DST Style

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 02:53 PM PDT

    Wurt reading a book with wickerbottom c:

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 05:39 PM PDT

    Wendy cosplay!

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 08:20 PM PDT

    A monkey paw in water looks like a person drowning.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 12:19 AM PDT

    Woah, I got a Dont Starve ad!

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 04:11 PM PDT

    Everything I found out about Wurt

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 03:09 PM PDT

    I drew Wurt because she’s absolutely adorable!

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 10:59 PM PDT

    Chester seems tasty right?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 03:21 PM PDT

    That's one very close edge of the map to the continent (world gen by default, no world gen mods.)

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 10:01 AM PDT

    [Idea] pigut new character idea by me (more info in comments.

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 10:03 PM PDT

    Help figuring out what to bring to a new world! More info inside.

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 12:51 PM PDT

    Merm king

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 10:20 PM PDT

    Can you make the merm king fight pig king if you place merm king close to pig king?

    submitted by /u/FreeAndSay
    [link] [comments]

    Lunar Island location help. Anyone know where it would be?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 06:14 PM PDT

    Thermal stone and winter clothes stacking effects in DST.

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 05:04 AM PDT

    So after a little disagreement in another thread, I wanted to do some testing on thermal stones and how they interact with warm clothing.

    To setup the test, I saved a game just as it went over to day 4 of winter right next to my fire-pit. I then rolled it back after each test, so I always had the same body temp at the beginning of the scenario.

    Test setup one:- I added 10 savannah turf to the fire-pit and stood next to it for exactly 60s.

    Only Thermal stone:- 5m50s to ice tinge, 5m56s to damage.

    Only Beefalo hat. :- 8m14s to ice tinge, 9m0s to damage.

    Both together. :- 8m33s to ice tinge, 9m16s to damage.

    Test setup two:- I added one Savannah turf for 10s.

    Only thermal stone:- didn't bother with

    Only beefalo hat:- 4m27s to ice tinge, 5m15s to damage.

    Both together:- 4m43s to ice tinge, 5m28s to damage.

    Conclusion: They do stack, but nowhere near enough to bother with or anywhere near where I thought the difference would be - 15 seconds.

    submitted by /u/Grantis45
    [link] [comments]

    How many items can drop playing?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 08:40 PM PDT

    How many items can drop playing?

    submitted by /u/PurpleFG
    [link] [comments]

    Insulation Gear and Thermal Stones Don't Stack, but...

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 01:01 PM PDT

    I recently came across a thread (" Thermal stone and winter clothes stacking effects in DST. ") where someone did an experiment testing whether beefalo hats affected thermal stones. It's been known for quite some time that insulation gear doesn't affect your thermal stone, but this person's experiment shows a 15-second difference between a beefalo hat + stone vs beefalo hat only.

    This isn't a big difference, but I thought it was interesting because it seemingly disproves the idea that thermal gear doesn't affect your thermal stone. I decided to replicate the experiment, and the things I found as I was doing the experiment were interesting and "wordy" enough that I feel like I should dedicate a thread to this.

    So first off, here's the final data I collected:

    Beefalo hat + thermal stone: 8:09:76 to ice on screen

    Beefalo hat only: 8:09:11 to ice on screen

    Difference between the two trials: 650 milliseconds

    So this data seemingly contradicts the 15-second discrepancy experiment, but the following below will actually explain why I got 650 milliseconds while the other person got 15 seconds.

    So here is a long detailed explanation of my experiment and the conclusions I reached while modifying my experiment.

    1. I have a client mod called "Combined Status" that actually shows my body temperature. I decided to use it for this experiment to make sure that my body temperature starting point was consistent. However, when I began replicating the experiment by rolling back the world on Day 22 to do the trial in the morning, the client mod showed that my body temperature actually went down; it dropped from 59 degrees to 36 degrees when my loading screen disappeared.Conclusion: rolling back the server "resets" your body temperature into the mid-30's.
    2. In order to remove this source of error, I decided to heat myself up to the maximum 60 degrees from a maxed out fire on Day 22 (I put 2 wooden planks into the fire pit), and then I ran to a rabbit hole half a screen away before starting the timer. Day 23 came along as I stopped my timer, and then I went back to the fire pit to reheat myself. However, my body temperature never went back up to 60 degrees; it stayed around 57 degrees instead.Conclusion: the actual day in Winter affects the maximum temperature you can actually reach (i.e. the max temperature you can reach on Day 22 is different from the max temperature you can reach on Day 23).
    3. So now, to remove this additional source of error, I decided to redo the entire experiment specifically on Day 22. Once again, I heated myself up to 60 degrees with thermal stone in inventory, equipped my beefalo hat, ran to the rabbit hole, and started the timer. Then, I rolled back the server to start testing the time-to-freeze with ONLY a beefalo hat. However, when I dropped my thermal stone, I noticed my temperature went down even though I didn't even move from the fire pit. I decided to play around with the thermal stone and constantly refueled my fire pit to make sure that it wasn't just the fire slowly dying out. My body temperature went up to 60 degrees with the thermal stone in my inventory, but when I dropped the thermal stone (without moving away from the fire pit and making sure the fire was 100% maxed out), my temperature dropped to 58 degrees and NEVER went back up. Even removing the thermal stone from your inventory WITHOUT dropping it on the ground (i.e. holding the thermal stone with your mouse so that the stone isn't technically in your inventory) ALSO dropped my body temperature to 58 degrees.Conclusion: your thermal stone is capable of storing heat better than your body, so it's able to achieve slightly higher max temperatures with the same heat source.
    4. Once again, to remove this extra source of error, I decided to redo the experiment on Day 22, but this time, for the "beefalo hat only" trial, I kept my beefalo hat AND thermal stone on me so I can hit 60 degrees. Then, I quickly dropped my thermal stone, ran to the rabbit hole, and started the timer (so that I'm timing the beefalo-hat-only trial at 60 degrees instead of 58 degrees). The data I got from this experiment is what you saw at the top of this wall of text.
    5. Finally, I thought that 15 seconds was an oddly specific number for the other experiment to find. More specifically, the original experiment found 4 time discrepancies of 19 seconds, 16 seconds, 16 seconds, and 13 seconds between the beefalo hat + stone vs beefalo hat, which I thought was a pretty consistent time range. I wondered if this might've been caused by the thermal stone's higher maximum temperature, so I measured the amount of time it would take to cool down 1 degree with a beefalo hat on. From 31 to 30 degrees, I measured 8.93 seconds. What this means that every degree of heat with a beefalo hat is worth about 9 seconds of not-freezing.

    Now let's compare this to the original experiment. The original experiment assumed that you would always start out with the same temperature regardless of whether the thermal stone was in your inventory or not. However, I just showed in Part 3 of this experiment that that's not true; for me specifically, the difference between your body temp with the stone vs your body temp WITHOUT the stone was about 2 degrees. Well, if each degree of heat is worth about 9 seconds, and the difference between the two situations is 2 degrees, then that means the difference in time it should take to freeze should be 2 degrees x 9seconds per degree = 18 seconds. 18 seconds is pretty close to the 15 seconds that the original experiment got.Conclusion: The original experiment's 15-second difference is most likely caused by the fact that the thermal stone increased the player's "starting temperature".

    Final Conclusion: Thermal stones are able to achieve slightly higher maximum temperatures than your body with the same heat source. The day of the season actually affects the maximum temperature you can reach. Rolling back a server resets your body temperature. Beefalo hats and thermal stones do NOT stack whatsoever.

    Edit: formatting and a sentence in part 1 that didn't make sense.

    submitted by /u/Rinkusenpai
    [link] [comments]

    DST Goggles - Creating a Mod For Single Player

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 11:32 AM PDT

    Can anyone help me with making a mod for crafting the Goggles from DST? Here is a link to the item in question: https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Goggles .

    The only reason I'm wanting them is because of how they look. Really want to run around in goggles! I roleplay a lot within my Don't Starve game. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/brittmunch
    [link] [comments]

    Hamlet on PS4?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 03:04 PM PDT

    Not sure if this is the right place for this question, but has any news been said about Hamlet coming to PS4? I own DS and DST. I loved DS but find myself less in love with DST (as a solo player). So the prospect of Hamlet is kind of a tease since it's not out on PS4.

    submitted by /u/xXOutSid3rXx
    [link] [comments]

    I just bought don't Starve MEGA Bundle, I only played DST before purchasing the singleplayer game. Are Shipwrecked, Reign of Giants and Hamlet different games or do they expand the content of the original Don't Starve Game?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 10:45 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment