• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 18, 2020

    Don't Starve The council will decide your fate

    Don't Starve The council will decide your fate


    The council will decide your fate

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 12:26 PM PDT

    Walter Art

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 06:34 AM PDT

    Just bought the goat walking cane and IT POINTS INWARDS WHAT KIND OF SCAM IS THIS

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 11:29 AM PDT

    Walter

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 05:35 PM PDT

    Bacon and eggs time

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 11:48 AM PDT

    How common are griefers in Don’t Starve Together.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 06:10 PM PDT

    I had a really nice base set up on a 26 day cooperative survival world. (new player) a couple of people joined while I was grinding wood, and then oddly left within 5 minutes. After a day of grinding I went back to my base to discover that everything had burned. All that was left was the hollowed crisps of former buildings...

    I Then died of starvation and remade the world.

    My question is, how common is griefing? I understand that any multiplayer game will have trolls and such, but does don't starve consist of more actual players, or more trolls. As a precaution should I have a basic resource chest hidden somewhere secret?

    submitted by /u/Bman1512
    [link] [comments]

    Woby doesn't interact with Chester or critters: Walter 0/10

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 12:39 PM PDT

    Honestly, Walter is pretty good tho

    submitted by /u/Kapitalist_Pigdog
    [link] [comments]

    Havent Played since before the Sea.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 09:13 PM PDT

    Hello! So i was a die hard dst fan (over 800 hours on steam) and well, i began to lose my love for the game after a while. However i recently began to want to play it again. And... im lost as hell with all the new updates and characters haha i have wurt and wortox and warly. But i have no clue how wurt works. Can someone give me a simple summary of whats happaned in the game regarding the updates? Or tell me a really good youtuber to go to to see the updates explained? Because i feel like a headless chicken haha, thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/Glenn_101
    [link] [comments]

    Just wanted to share my cute little Moose Goose Nest I built :)

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 01:00 PM PDT

    If I use character to free maxwell this character will be locked?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 02:12 PM PDT

    What's your opinion on Warly from a gameplay perspective? (DST Version)

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 08:47 PM PDT

    I play as Warly pretty much all the time on DST, but I wanted to know what the community thought of him

    submitted by /u/AverageCalifornian00
    [link] [comments]

    anyone else think its weird how in the game and shorts, its getting repeatedly implied that people outside the constant are becoming aware of the constant?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 02:04 PM PDT

    its a minor things that might just be easter eggs but in winnonas short you can see a poster describing that "shadows may be hiding among us" with a photo of a crawling horror and terror beak,

    another thing to note, while playing walter, his quote for deerclops spawning is "that sounds like a deerclops, i have to get a closer look!" this implys he has never seen a deerclops but is aware that they exist, he may of learned this from the other survivors but its notable.

    submitted by /u/cloud-stone
    [link] [comments]

    Don’t starve or don’t starve together?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 11:50 AM PDT

    So the the mega bundle was 70% off so my friend gifted it to me and I have never played the game before so I was wondering if I should play the classical don't starve or the together bersion

    submitted by /u/highskylander42069
    [link] [comments]

    Haha world generation go brrr

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 05:19 PM PDT

    so this is my first time going to the ruins, and i wanna set up my summerbase there. Is it safe building the base where im standing rn, or should i drop back a bit to the lichen area?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 12:09 PM PDT

    Healing

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 02:28 PM PDT

    Hello everyone

    I am new to dont starve (together) and I have a problem. I can't find an good early game item to heal with.

    Do you guys have any advice for easy ro get healing items?

    submitted by /u/crocomaster1
    [link] [comments]

    Why I dislike Warly, and disagree with his supporters(No disrespect)

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 12:38 PM PDT

    I just want to state beforehand, that a character can't appeal to everyone. Their play styles may not seem good to everyone, and I'm ok with that. One example of a character I don't like is Warly. And it's ok to like him. I do however, don't agree with the statements that people who like Warly state. "He enforces a play style", "He's a good character", "He's support character". Also I just want to respectfully argue with these claims. They are perfectly debatable for both sides and there is no objectively right opinion.

    First, "He enforces a play style". He really doesn't in my opinion. They slapped a bunch of food related downsides on him, portable crock pot, grinding mill, food perks, seasoning station, and exclusive crock pot recipes. Klei didn't give any unique way to enforce this play style of a support chef, other than the portable food items and recipes. If you want to cook, you might as well do that with someone else. It doesn't make much difference. Besides, his main gimmick; the exclusive dishes. A lot of them aren't very good, and feel pointless to make. I will elaborate on this more later. It's not relevant enough to explain thoroughly here. Like, he doesn't have any efficient way to gather the ingredients, and to make the recipes. Or even a specific way. Not to say Warly makes no difference, but he practically has no play style that any other character has. He just provides no WAYS to cook, and he just can. You can go any way about cooking with him. You can argue that this gives him more freedom and variety as a character. True, but I'm tying to disagree with this argument. And it's like this: For most characters, playing is like step 1, 2, 3, etc, 10. Done. For Warly, it's 1, 10. Done. No additional steps. It just makes his perks feel very random without anything to support them. Specifically his recipes. Also this is all heavily opinionated like anything generated by humans, so not everyone will agree.

    Now I will argue with the idea that, "He's a good character". I disagree. I think he's mediocre at best. C- at the most. Why? Let's talk about this good perks. First, his exclusive recipes. A lot of them aren't good. Especially since their too farming oriented. And Warly doesn't have any efficient ways to farm better, even though he needs it the most. And a lot of them fail in comparison to the holy meatballs, pierogi, trail mix, etc. So a decent amount of them may never be used. Most of them are also too expensive. Like his Nightmare pie, which costs 2 nightmare fuel, and gives 25 hunger and swaps your sanity and health levels. Not only is this dish too situational, it's too expensive to even be worth the cost. Or fresh fruit crepes. Which cost butter. All butter dishes aren't very good due to the low chance to receive butter. Not to say there all bad, volt goat jelly is alright. Gives a nice damage buff. And in general, a lot of Warly's dishes are just boring. Like, a decent amount don't do much other than stat buffs. I feel like the problem with this, is that stat buffs like hunger, health, sanity, come better from other things. And his unique recipes, don't do much either. They usually just manipulate temperature, wetness, etc. His other perks are solid, like the spices. They are just stuff you can add to foods that add specific buffs. Only problem is most of them are too farming oriented, which doesn't fit into his non existent play style. He cooks faster, has a portable crock pot, chef pouch to stop spoilage, grinding mill, and seasoning station. He also had a big belly, 250 hunger. To be honest his upsides are alright, it's just the recipes that I dislike. Now his downsides. His hunger drains faster. He can only eat crockpot meals. Every time he eats a meal more than twice he loses 10% of the stat values that are restored from it. So he will remember the foods he eats and will take less nutrition from the ones he ate repeatedly. This penalty will go away after a few days and only stacks to 70%.This is honestly his worst downside, even worse than his crock pot food consumption. Since he comes with a portable crock pot it's not too bad, and is a great downside that enforces his chef play style(Chef play style is very broad). But the fact that you can't stack on foods efficiently is a let down. Which can really hinder you in boss fights when you need healing, hunger, and sanity. Not much to say here, his great downsides with his mixed bag of upsides doesn't make him the best.

    And why I don't think Warly is a good support character. To be honest, he can't really support the team greatly, other than using his spices to distribute buffs. Another way is to cook his food, but a lot of them aren't game changing. Like the ability to change your temperature isn't that great. I'm not saying this in a fighting only perspective, you may temperature, wetness, etc isn't a big deal. And cooking Warly's fairly expensive dishes aren't usually the best ways to go about it. And the volt goat jelly is good, but it's one of his only interesting dishes and the other ones don't do much. Getting health hunger and sanity is better for filled with other dishes from the crock pot that aren't Warly's, so why have him at all. The spices are still good, but I just mainly dislike his main gimmick with his recipes. If this is to be improved or changed, allow Warly's dishes to have more interesting buffs.

    In a nutshell these are just my personal arguments and claims. I have nothing against Warly players or anyone. It is just a game. Please be respectful.

    submitted by /u/Benfroyobro1124
    [link] [comments]

    DST characters in DS??

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 08:02 PM PDT

    Sorry if this has been asked but I searched and couldn't find it. Will Don't Starve Together exclusive characters (Winona, Wortox, Walter, etc) be added to the base game soon or at all? I'm about to play as Walter for the first time but seeing as I don't have any friends to play with me, I would prefer to just play it in Don't Starve but I know he was only added to DST.

    submitted by /u/Minesheep124
    [link] [comments]

    Any idea where my Lunar Island would be?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 07:34 PM PDT

    Wurt questions

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 12:21 PM PDT

    Can you kill deerclops with a merm army? Is it easy to farm pigs and bunnies using them? Is there any way of getting a lot of gold without Pig King? Who feels better to play, Wurt or Wormwood?

    And finally, do you enjoy the character? I think that she being vegetarian isn't that bad but the fact that the merms can attack other players make her worse for multiplayer.

    Sry for my english :P

    submitted by /u/Kolysion
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know how to fix the "server not responding" issue?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 06:13 PM PDT

    I just bought this game yesterday to play with a friend and it only worked once with me as the host the she would get the server not responding error. We switched to her hosting and now the next day I get the server not responding error. I can join other random servers but we really only got it to play together. I tried googling and surprisingly I can find hundreds of posts about this issue, some more than five years old, but it still hasn't been fixed. Were on the same router if there's a way to direct connect without using the internet. Is there any easy fix? I like the game so far but I'll just refund it if it's going to be a part time job to get it to function.

    submitted by /u/IamMotherDuck
    [link] [comments]

    Wes

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 02:26 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment